Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Support and Self Esteem

Happy Tuesday Everyone

Cassie and I have switched blogging days this week. She is such a dear friend and knows me so well that she realized yesterday that I was under a lot of stress and gave me a helping hand, by writing my blog for me. So today it is my turn and I thought I would write a bit more about another important aspect of friendship and that is to provide you with love support and encouragement and yes sometimes even a good butt kicking is in order to get you back on track.

Until your children are adults they may not have such a support system, so you as the parent have to fit that bill. If you always have an open door policy with your children and they know that if they are struggling in any aspect of their lives and need a hug or even a shoulder to cry on you will always be there for them; you may not be aware but you are helping to build their self esteem. In order for a child to feel good about himself he has to always know that there will always be people out there who will never let him down and will love him unconditionally no matter what ..... his parents.

Happy Parenting

Monicka

No comments:

Labels