Friday, February 16, 2007

Mommy Mode

Happy Friday Everyone

Since I am suffering from major lack of sleep due to the fact that my son has the croup this blog is going to be short and sweet.

Because of my son's illness I have been spending an inordinate amount of time with him. Not that I don't usually spend time with him but in this case for the last few days we have been pretty much joined at the hip. He has a difficult time breathing at night due to his illness and so must sleep with his head propped up. He was having a time of it trying to find a comfortable sleeping position and still remain elevated so I decided to sit on his bed and let him prop his head on my chest. I was thinking through this sleepless night as he lay there in fitful dreams that when our children are ill we go into "Mommy Mode" - we find the energy that is sorely lacking from no sleep and too much worry and use it to help our chidren get through this trying time.

I know that when he is better I will have to play catch-up but for now I am content to stay close by and make sure he is OK and that is fine with me. They stay little for such a short time that we should even appreciate the times when they are ill because it bonds us even deeper.

Monicka

No comments:

Labels