Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Why it is Better to be Kind than to be right

I tried an interesting experiment the other day. Rather than get upset with my husband when he did something that seriously perturbed me I decided to take the high road and explained I was not happy with what he did and left it at that. No yelling and screaming saying you did this... and you make me feel this... NOT this time folks. It never seemed to work in the past and it just left both of us feeling terrible. The next day I apologized to him for even getting upset in the first place, knowing full well I had every right and funny thing my husband even admitted to me that I had every right to be upset.

The next night I was feeling a bit tired and so announced that I was going to finish up the dishes and go to bed early and my hubby out of the blue said "Don't worry I will take care of the dishes you go to bed and I will handle everything else too." Will wonders never cease... So you see it is better sometimes to let things go and not make a fuss, a little forgiveness can go a long long way take my word for it. My new goal is to try and do that more often.

Forgiveness is the fragrance of the violet which still clings fast to the heel that crushed it---Russian Proverb

Happy Goal setting

No comments:

Labels