Friday, January 19, 2007

Take a Moment

Happy Friday Everyone

Since I usually write my blog the day before I submit it I was surprised to find that I was at a bit of a loss as to what to write about for my Friday submission. It was not one of my best days as I woke up feeling not quite myself and it seemed to get worse as the day went on. I managed to do my workout which was amazing considering my frame of mind; but watching the soap I recorded earlier while I trudged along on the treadmill was a very welcome distraction since it gave me half an hour where I didn't have to think too much. I know what contributed to my sadness today was an interview I watched on Oprah where she interviewed Shawn Horbeck and Ben Onby's family. My heart ached for these boys and their parents knowing full well that their life from now on would never quite be the same again. With the accused Micheal Devlin pleading not guilty those poor boys will be subject to a trial and everything that they went through will be dredged up and they will have to relive the horror again. Where is the justice I ask you?

So as I tuck my children in tonight, thanking God that they are safe and well, I feel it is only right that I say a prayer for those two boy and their parents; and I hope that you will add them to your prayers too.

I am well aware that this blog is a little off theme but since I would normally write about how to realize our goals, why don't we all make it a goal to tell our kids how much they are loved and appreciated every day. I assure you they never tire of hearing it.

Finally take the time from your busy day to ask how your child's day went and you may be surprised at what they tell you. Keep the lines of communication open so that no matter what happens your child will feel like they can tell you anything.

Take Good Care

Monicka

No comments:

Labels