Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Daydreaming

In Cassie's blog yesterday she happened to mention daydreaming, which happens to be a subject near and dear to my heart, so thought I would elaborate a little more on this delicious topic.

How many times were we told as kids to stop day dreaming and get on with our school work or chores? Turns out our teachers and parents were doing us a great disservice and literally turning off our creativity. Day dreaming and visualizing are powerful tools and writers use them to bring their characters to life. I can attest to that because daydreaming is a huge part of my creative process. I can see the characters in my mind repeating the words I write for them and sometimes it is so real it is hard to believe that they don't really exist, outside of my mind that is.

So parents let your kids daydream encourage them to let their minds wander you will be amazed at what they can accomplish when they let their thoughts take flight and go to strange and wonderful places. Daydreaming will also help them with accomplishing their goals, so dream on dear children dream on.

Happy goal setting

No comments:

Labels