Monday, January 22, 2007

Positive Affirmations

As an experiment I asked my 10-year-old son to play guinea pig for 30 days to see if by listening to recorded positive affirmations each night for a month he would see any improvement in his self-esteem. Being a trooper he agreed to give it a go. At first I had to keep reminding him to listen but after awhile I noticed he was actually looking forward to his nightly dose of encouragement.

I didn't notice huge changes in him at first but slowly as the weeks went by he seemed to be becoming a happier kid all around. When we discovered he needed to wear glasses he seemed to accept it without too much fuss and even though I was worried that his classmates may tease him, they never did.

I have always been a believer in the power of positive affirmations and from the short experiment with my son I believe even stronger that making affirmations a habit will improve your life for the better and can even help you reach your goals.

With this in mind Cassie and I are thrilled to say that will soon be releasing an affirmations CD for children sometime in the very near future.. stay tuned!!

Happy Goal setting
Monicka

No comments:

Labels