Friday, May 25, 2007

Put Yourself First???

The topic on the Oprah show today was "Putting Yourself First" The guest speaker said that our children learn how to treat themselves, not by the way that we treat them but rather the way they see their Mother treat herself. If you want your kids to love themselves then you have to show them that you love not only them but yourself also. It all goes back to the article I blogged about earlier this week about "Potential" and how we influence our children's self- esteem by how we feel about ourselves.

I have always put my kids and my husband first. It is something that I learned from my Mother and frankly it is all I know. I guess if we really want to do the best for our children then we need to look at the big picture and learn to do the best for us. Not always so easy to do though. :-)

All the best

Monicka

No comments:

Labels