Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Let Your Kids Be Kids :)



My stylist,  had a baby boy a few months ago and was discussing with me all the advice she was getting from other Mothers about the right thing to do for her baby.       She told me because her baby was sitting at six months one lady suggested that she buy a potty for her daughter to sit on to get her used to it early. What is the flipping rush!! Why is everyone in such a hurry for their kids to grow up?  I look at my almost 31- year- old son and my 29- year- old daughter and it seems like only yesterday I was cradling them in my arms. I was so stressed about doing the right thing for them that I did not take the time to really enjoy my children.

I vow that this time I will enjoy every minute with my youngest son. He doesn’t seem like he is in too much of a hurry to grow up and that is just fine with me. He is perfectly happy letting me cuddle him once in awhile.I try not to worry him about what he will face as a young adult.

 Makes me wonder why some parents are already planning what college their children will attend when their child is only four- years- old. Plenty of time for that and who is to say that their child will even want to go to college. Are we trying to realize our own dreams through our children? It is just my own humble opinion, but I say let your kids be kids for as long as they can. Enjoy every moment because it will be over in a blink of an eye and you will look back and wonder where did the time go?

For more tips on Positive Parenting stop by KidsGoals and sign up for our free newsletter !

No comments:

Labels