Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Teaching your Children Forgiveness

I decided to take a self discovery workshop last weekend. I came out of it with a whole new perspective on life. I also realized that the demons from my past that I thought I had exorcised, were still hanging around and dragging me down. I learned how to really forgive and felt such an amazing feeling of freedom when I truly put all past hurts behind me.

Forgiveness is something that we need to teach our children too. Explain to them that forgiveness is not something you do for the other person, because the only one who truly benefits from forgiveness is the one who forgives. By holding onto past hurts we are only preventing our growth and success. The only way to remedy this is to truly let the person or situation that caused you hurt go, and be grateful for them and the experience and genuinely wish them well. When you can do this sincerely and from the heart, all the anger and resentment you have been carrying will magically leave you and you will be free to live your life to its fullest!

Happy Forgiveness

Monicka

No comments:

Labels