Sunday, January 20, 2008

Child Eating Disorders


Child eating disorders are becoming increasing common. I've been particularly pleased to see that my step daughter, Sam, has started eating breakfast lately. As she only moved in with us aged 17, I didn't feel it was appropriate for me to try and force the issue, as her mother clearly had not minded whether she ate breakfast or not, but I always talked about breakfast positively and tried to set a positive example.

The clincher, I think, was when I said that it's a well known fact that people who eat breakfast are thinner than people who skip breakfast. I've noticed she's been eating cereal each morning ever since!

Might be worth mentioning to YOUR teen, if you're having problems in this area!

Happy parenting,

Cassie

Child Eating Disorders Article

No comments:

Labels