Sunday, January 06, 2008

A New Year With New Goals

I have set a few goals for 2008 and I am going to follow a set plan to realize them. One of my goals is to finish the course I am working on before I leave for the UK. To do this I am going to have to set aside a block of time everyday where I do nothing but work on my course and study for the exam. It takes a lot of discipline to give up some of the frivolous stuff such as watching TV or spending time surfing the web.

One of the best ways to help you to accomplish your goals is to hold yourself accountable. Tell a supportive friend what you need to do and have them check up on you from time to time to see if you are in fact following through. You can ask your kids if you can help them to keep on track but don't become pushy or they will lose interest. Sit down with your child and make a plan on how you can be supportive without becoming a nag.

Happy Goal Setting,
Monicka


No comments:

Labels