Monday, March 26, 2007

Take Some Me Time

Happy Monday Everyone

Spring break is finally over and my kids headed back to class today. I am actually doing the happy dance right now, not because I don't like my kids, but more like I can finally have some me time.

I think we all deserve some me time. A few minutes in your hectic day, where no one needs you and you are free to do whatever blows your hair back. I think it makes us better parents when we take a bit of time for ourselves. It may sound selfish but really it is the most unselfish thing that you can do to improve your ability to care for your family.

I know in this day and age it isn't always possible and it may take a bit reoroganizing your schedule but it is well worth the effort. Even if it is just 20 minutes of meditation or yoga or even a power nap; it will refresh, energize and make it easier to handle for you to handle the everyday stresses life throws at you, and even make you enjoy your kids that much more.

Happy Parenting

Monicka

No comments:

Labels