Monday, June 12, 2006

Need some incentive??

It has been a few days since I have had a chance to blog, but more times then not I will come up with an idea during my workouts. So during my morning 30 on the treadmill I thought of a post on a diet forum that I had read about a man who had lost 30 pounds. He was really concerned about gaining it back and figured out a way that really kept him on the right track. He filled up a sandbag with enough sand to weigh 30 pounds and every time he had the urge to go on a binge he would tell himself OK you can eat what you want but first of all you must carry the 30 pound sandbag around with you for half and hour. It never failed to work for him and he kept the weight off. After hauling a thirty pound bag of sand around for half an hour that bag of taco chips just didn't seem to be worth it.

That got me thinking. Since I turned forty it seems to be harder every year to keep the pounds off. My daily workouts help but I still have to watch what I eat. I have been successful at losing just over 15 pounds. I think about how hard it would be for me to carry the weight I lost around for half an hour, but that is precisely what we do when we are overweight, only we can't just drop it after thirty minutes.

So next time I get the urge to binge I will take a 15 pound turkey out of the freezer put it in a pack-sack and carry that around for awhile and see if the siren song of the peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream still has a hold over me.


Monicka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing at this post. How you gonna strap that ol' turkey to yourself anyway gal?? LOL!

Labels