Saturday, June 10, 2006

Goal Setting for Kids -Meet the Editors

Whilst having a regular daily chat on Skype with Cassie this morning, I started thinking that our lovely readers have no idea who we are. So I am planning to remedy that right now
My beloved friend Cassie and I have known each other for just over two years but have never actually met in the flesh.
The kidsgoals web site and fortnightly newsletter is actually her brainchild. She tried to launch it before but couldn't seem to find the time and inclination to keep it going. In comes Monicka. I was at a low point in my life when I first connected with Cassie. I had sold my business and was contemplating on what to do with the rest of my life. We actually met on a forum where she had asked a question about relationships and I had answered her. She thanked me for my reply and left her email address and lots of cyber hugs and the rest as they say, is history. We bonded instantly and through emails, photos and msn, slowly got to know each other. It was not long before we both agreed it was time for a phone call. I am pleased to say that we had no problems communicating with each other and I was even more positive I had discovered my 'Soul Sister.'
Cassie had proposed the idea of starting an Internet business together with a parent resort web site and newsletter but I was wondering what I could possibly contribute?? Well, what can I say the girl wore me down and I agreed to give it a go. I guess mostly out of fear of disappointing her I kept dragging my heels when it came to making meetings doing research etc. In December 2005 we decided that January 6, 2006 would be the official launch of the kidsgoals newsletter. I was shocked at how easily it all came together once we actually put our minds and heart to it. It was and still is a labour of love.
Now that you know how we met I will give you a little bit of a bio on the two of us. Cassie is a thirty- something bundle of energy and self professed computer geek. She lives in England with her hubby Kevin and Cassie's baby, an Elkhound named Eddie. I am a forty-something Mother of 4, on second marriage (hopefully my last). I live in British Columbia, Canada with my husband Brian and my two youngest, a girl 14 and a boy 9. I also have a 23-year-old son and a 22-year-old daughter from my first marriage that reside in Alberta.
Even though Cassie and I live thousands of miles from each other we have developed a very special friendship. She is my confidante, my shoulder to cry on and my inspiration. The kidsgoals web site and newsletter, not to mention our incredible friendship has brought us untold joy and has changed both our lives for the better.
Cassie and I will be meeting in person this year and I am so looking forward to finally being able to give her a great big hug.
If you have a special friendship we would love to hear about it. Feel free to comment on anything you see on the web site or would like to see. We want you the reader, to feel like a valued friend also, tell us about you.
Monicka
Happy Goal Setting with Your Kids!

No comments:

Labels