Thursday, April 12, 2007

Your Child's Goals and Dreams

Well here I am - writing my first blog in Canada at Monicka's house! Although exhausted from the trip, I wanted to share something that I thought you would enjoy.

One of the movies on the plane was "The Pursuit of Happyness" and there is a scene in the film where the Dad and his son (both called Chris) are playing basketball and little Chris says "I'm gonna go pro!" .... his Dad kinda laughs at him and puts him down, saying I was never much good at basketball and you probably won't be great either. Little Chris is so disappointed and disillusioned. Then his Dad realises what he is doing and tells his son to always pursue his dreams. "Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something, son," he says, "not even me."

It's so important to support our children in all their endevors - even if they seem unrealistic, don't take their dreams away from them!

Happy Parenting,

Cassie

No comments:

Labels