Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter Arrives

If you read Sunday's blog, you know that my ten-year-old son and I have been waiting patiently for our copy of the final Harry Potter book in the series to arrive in the mail. Amazon guaranteed that our copy of "The Deathly Hallows" would arrive on time but due to customs problems it didn't arrive until today. So now we have a bit of a dilemma deciding on who is going to get to read it first. My son and I discussed it and decided that he would read five chapters and hand it over to me and then I would read five chapters. I am pretty sure he will not want to stop at five and have trouble putting the book down. It is great to see my son so excited about reading and I hope that he stays as enthusiastic even when he reaches his teenage years. While there is no guarantee that every child will develop a love for books, reading to your child at an early age can give them a good start until they learn to read for themselves.

Happy Reading

Monicka

No comments:

Labels