Thursday, June 28, 2007

The JOY of Parenting.


My ten-year-old son came home the other day and asked me if he could borrow $10.00 from his savings for school? I asked him what it was for and he told me that his teacher was going to buy pizza for the whole class to celebrate the end of the school year and he felt bad because he heard that teachers don't get paid very much and wanted to contribute some money so his teacher wouldn't have to pay for the whole shot. When he told me this I felt so proud of him for wanting to help his teacher. Bless his little heart for thinking of others. It makes me realize he is growing up right before my eyes and turning into a very caring individual.

Parenting is never easy and there are times when your kids can frustrate you and make you want to tear your hair out but it is the little things that they may do or say that makes it all worthwhile. I know he will probably not always be Mommy's little angel. He will probably cause me more than a few grey hairs and sleepless nights when he becomes a teenager, but that is when I will go into my memory bank and pull out these little treasures.......sigh.

Happy Parenting

Monicka

No comments:

Labels