Thursday, June 14, 2007

Forgetfulness is OK

I have noticed that ever since I have I have entered my forties I have become much more forgetful. My memory definitely is not what it used to be and I am constantly misplacing my mail key and important papers that I put in a special place so I can find them but can't seem to remember where exactly the special place is. I am sure we all have fears that our memory is going slowly but surely and it is just a part of getting older but according to a recent study being a bit forgetful actually means your brain is working properly. The article states " the brain only chooses to remember memories it thinks are most relevant and suppresses those that are similar but less used helping to lessen the cognitive load and prevent confusion."

If you want to read how they came to this conclusion here is the article

So maybe being a bit forgetful is not all bad after all. :-)

Happy Thursday Everyone

Monicka


No comments:

Labels