Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Emotional abuse

Monicka's post yesterday about non-physical bullying got me thinking about emotional abuse by adults perpetuated against kids. As Monicka rightly explained to her young son, bullying by name-calling and other verbal abuse is indeed bullying. And we should recognise, also, how damaging emotional abuse is.

It's invisible - doesn't make bruises like physical abuse; doesn't cause physical pain or hidden damage inside like sexual abuse can - but for all that it damages a child in terrible ways.

I guess you can tell from my passion that I went through some of that myself, which is part of why I am so grateful for the opportunity to help in some small way other children to be strong through the Kidsgoals website.

Happy parenting

Cassie

No comments:

Labels