Saturday, August 25, 2007

Teenage Depression

From time to time Cassie and I are asked to review books from certain authors. We are always very happy and honored when asked. The latest book is on a subject that is very close to me, teenage depression. I have a fifteen year old daughter who has Asperger's and is very susceptible to this debilitating illness. I have read a lot about this subject and so was especially thrilled when the author of "A Relentless Hope Surviving the Storm of Teenage Depression", Gary Nelson asked me to review his book.

I can honestly say that it is one of the best books I have ever read on this subject. The book is not only for the parents of depressed teens, it is also written for the depressed teenager. The author has experienced this illness with his son and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject of depression in teens. The book is a very enjoyable read with a lot of humour throughout and it will give families of depressed teenagers much needed hope.

Please note we will be having a contest in the near future on our kidsgoals website, and will be giving away two copies of this excellent book to our lucky subscribers. Check the website regularly for contest details.

Happy Parenting

Monicka

No comments:

Labels