Sunday, June 03, 2012

How to Build Your "Childs' Self Esteem" I am Unique :)

Build Your Child's Self Esteem - I'm unique! If you can get the message across to your child that he is special and unique, you will be helping him appreciate the differences between himself and others, and realize that it is everything about him that is special, all his unique characteristics, and he doesn't have to be the same as everyone else in order to be accepted.

Make a game of it sit down with a pen and paper and each write down a big list of the things you can think of that are "special" about each other. For instance, you might write things like:

 Bobby is special because:
 He can ride a two-wheeler
 He is good at drawing
 He is kind to his sister
 He helps with the chores without grumbling :) etc. 

 Bobby might write:

 Mom is special because:
 She makes my school lunch every morning
 She tells me she loves me every day and gives great hugs!
 She is good at reading stories
 She likes to spend time with me :)

 I am sure you get the gist of it - have fun :)

For more ideas on Positive Parenting and building your Child's Self Esteem stop by KidsGoals and sign up for our FREE newsletter!

No comments:

Labels