Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Challenges

I am really starting to feel like I am being tested. I was just starting to move forward after the sudden death of my best friend Cassie at the end of December, and now I am dealing with the sudden loss of my Father on February 6th 2011. It was like the grieving never stopped - just amped up up quite a bit after the news of his demise. Now the funeral is over and he has been laid to rest, and I am trying to get myself back on track again.

I have so many things that I need to do and so many people that depend on me, but how to get that motivation and drive back again is the big question? We all are given challenges - some big and some small. The thing is not to let the challenge overwhelm you for in each challenge there is a lesson to be gleaned. I have yet to discover what my lessons are, but I am positive that in time they will be revealed to me. There is a saying, that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and I am discovering that through all of this, that I was stronger than I even knew - who would have thunk it. I am usually the one that falls apart when the going gets rough, but somehow I found a quiet strength in myself that I never knew existed.

So no matter what you are dealing with in your life at this time you can, no you WILL, get through it. Be kind to yourself and don't do more than you are ready to do, but do one small positive thing each day no matter what. As I have said many times, being able to run the kidsgoals website and newsletter by myself is a huge part of my healing and helps to keep me moving forward. I know Cassie would have been so proud of me for facing all of this - she always believed in me. Now, I am learning to believe in myself - I shall persevere!!


No comments:

Labels